I had some extra pork belly from making Pork Belly with Chili Garlic Sauce, so I decided to make pan fried pork belly with a soy sauce and honey glaze. It turned out delicious and goes very well with rice! If you like to eat rice with sauce on top like I do, I’d recommend doubling the glaze ingredients so you’ll have extra sauce!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3/4 lb pork belly
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- toasted sesame, for garnish (optional)
Ingredients for the soy sauce & honey glaze:
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- Rinse the pork belly and pat dry.
- Slice the pork belly into 1/4 thick pieces. Combine the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl but leave out the minced garlic.
- Heat a large pan over high heat, add oil and pan fry the pork belly on a single layer, work in batches if necessary. Cook the pork belly until they are golden on both sides. Be careful as the pork belly will release oil which might cause some splattering.
- Once the pork belly pieces are cooked, remove them from the pan and wipe excess oil off the pan with some paper towel.
- Return the pork belly pieces to the pan and put the pan over medium heat. Add in the minced garlic and glaze. Toss the pork belly pieces in the glaze and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the pork pieces are coated and the glaze is glossy and bubbly. Taste the glaze and add salt if necessary.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle toasted sesame on top. Enjoy!