I don’t really like licorice flavored candies but I don’t mind the taste of fennel. And fennel salad is one of the few salads that Mr. Chau really likes to eat, so I wanted to learn how to make it at home. Here is my simple fennel and cabbage slaw recipe which is great as a side dish for a summer BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 small to medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 1.5 – 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienne (optional)
- 1 medium green apple, julienne (optional)
Dressing (makes about 1/4 cup):
- 1/4 cup mayo (or yogurt)
- juice from 1 lemon wedge (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine all vegetables in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Enjoy!