I’ve moved my blog! For the updated Matcha Latte Recipe, please visit my new blog at “Jan’s Food Steps“.
I love drinking Starbucks Matcha (Green Tea) Latte but on weekends I’m too lazy to drive out just to get a cup. Plus the money adds up so I thought I’ll try to make it at home to save a few bucks. It turns out making Matcha Latte at home is really easy and all you need is a lidded jar.
Ingredients (makes 1 cup / 236 ml):
- 1 cup of hot milk
- 1 – 1.5 tsp matcha powder (follow package instructions or add the amount to your taste)
- sugar to taste
- Add hot milk, matcha powder and sugar into the jar.
- Put the lid on and shake the jar as hard as you can for 15-20 seconds. For more froth, shake hard for 30-60 seconds. The longer and harder you shake, the longer foam will last.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Here’s a video on how quick it is to make the Matcha Latte:
- I read that if you want sturdier froth, after shaking the milk, remove the lid and microwave the jar for 30 seconds to stabilize the froth.
- For a no clean up recipe, simply heat up the milk in the jar using the microwave, then add in the matcha powder and sugar. Shake and enjoy the matcha latte directly from the jar!